Church Services

Labor Day - Memorial Day
Sundays 8AM and 10AM

June - Aug
Sundays 9AM

Church Nursery

Labor Day - Memorial Day
Sundays 10AM

June - Aug
Sundays 9AM

Sunday School

Labor Day - Memorial Day
Sundays 10AM

Coffee Hour

Labor Day - Memorial Day
Sundays 11AM

June - Aug
Sundays 10AM


About Trinity

Trinity Episcopal Church EST. 1747

Trinity Church was founded in 1747 making it one of the oldest parishes in the Diocese of Massachusetts. The church, located in Bridgewater, serves all the surrounding communities. The Trinity parish family is a diverse group covering a wide range of ages and interests. The common bond that keeps the parish together is the dedication each member feels toward serving God, fellow parishioners, and community through worship services and other activities.

Historical Highlights of Trinity

The history of Trinity Church is long and includes periods of growth and harmony as well as discord and near disaster.

The first church was established in 1748 in the vicinity of what is now 529 Main Street, through the efforts of Samuel Edson who donated 14 acres of land to the English “Society of Propagation of the Faith in Foreign Parts.” The first church was begun in 1748. Occasional services were held by the clergy who ministered to several area churches.

History of the Present Day Church Structure

The architect for the present church was Stephan Earle of Worcester. The style is similar to English country churches and the angled bell tower is an unusual feature. The church of 1836 was dismantled and its components including the foundation stones, doorsteps, lumber, and bell were incorporated into the present building. The cornerstone which is in the northeast corner contains a pipe with pictures of the first two churches, a history, and a Diocesan newsletter.

The church was consecrated on Tuesday September 23, 1884 by the Right Reverend Benjamin Paddock with 19 area clergy in attendance. The choir was made up of volunteers from the Orthodox, Swedenborgian, and Unitarian choirs as well as our own parishioners. Although the day was chilly and rainy the church was filled with well wishers and parishioners. A social hour and luncheon was held at the home of Reverend Milton Peck, 13 Summer Street, following the service.

Church Building and Material Costs in 1884

  • The organ, font, reredos, altar embroidery and decorations, bookrest, alms basin, Bible and Prayer book, Altar Cross, and silver communion service were gifts valued at $2850.00.
  • The cost of the church not including the bell, pews, and lumber from the old church was $11,086.12.



    Money paid for land:


    Carpenters bill:






    Chancel Furniture:


    Carpets and Cushions:




    Glass, Painting, and Sundries:




  • The window above the Altar was given by the children of St. Thomas Church of Taunton at a cost of $150.00 made by Donald McDonald.
  • The organ which has since been replaced was a gift valued at $1200.00.
  • The Reredos was a gift from St. Pauls of Brookline and was carved of caen stone and Tennessee marble. The movers only charged $7.50 to cart the reredos and bell.
  • The pews came from the old church.
  • The Altar, Credence, prayer desk, and lectern were the gift of a parishner.
  • The Font and its cover, which cost $157.00, was a gift from Mr. Barry of Boston in memory of his wife Ellen Fobes.
  • The Altar Cross was a gift that cost $45.00.
  • The Altar bookrest cost $17.00. Today it would cost several hundred if you could find a duplicate.
  • The Alms basin was the work and a gift of Miss Florence Bailey.
  • The Chalice and Paten of solid silver and gold were a gift from a former parishioner of the Reverend Milton Peck. The story I have been told about the CHalice and Paten is that the women of the parish gave silver thimbles, teaspoons, etc., which were melted down to make the Chalice and Paten now in use.
  • The glass in the rose window is on loan to the Parish by Mr. Donald McDonald and is to be returned to him when the window is changed.
  • In the words of the Reverend Milton Peck, “The difficulties and trials in this parish are great and peculiar and they do not lessen entirely as the work goes on.”

For Pastoral emergency

Call: 781.439.2523

Rev Natasha Office Hours (weekdays)

Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for pre-scheduled appointments.

Please call 508.697.4311 to assure availability.

Volunteer Staff Hours


Depending on schedules